Updated November 16, 2017
2. What Type of Information Do We Collect From You?
In providing the Services, we may collect Services Data. Services Data may include:
- information related to your computer, including your browser type (e.g., Internet Explorer), operating system (e.g., Windows), and computer monitor resolution;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address when accessing a website or mobile application;
- your internet provider;
- sites and/or applications you visited, including information regarding your use of our client’s websites or mobile applications, and any websites or mobile applications in which our client’s advertisements are displayed;
- web pages and advertisements you view,
- clickstream data;
- unique identifiers, including but not limited to mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices and operating system device identifiers (e.g., IDFA, Android ID);
- information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed; and
- information or inferences about a user’s interests.
Services Data does not include information that by itself, individually identifies an individual, such as your e-mail address, phone number, or name.
3. How Do We Collect Information?
5. How Do We Use The Services Data?
The Services Data collected may be used by HYFN’s clients or by HYFN on behalf of its clients to: evaluate and modify existing services and features; compile demographic and geographic information regarding user; identify a target audience to serve an advertisement and obtain the best advertisement response rate; provide interest-based advertising; aggregate statistics related to the Services Data; develop new services and features that may be of interest to you; prepare advertising segments that may be used to target based on demographics, geography and/or relation to the content on the viewing page; control the amount of times a user may see an advertisement; sequentially organize ads for purposes of viewing; and analyze the response of users to the advertisements. Further, Services Data collected from a browser, website, computer, device, or other application may be used on another browser, website, computer, device, or other application linked to the browser, computer, website, or device on which such data was initially collected, or transferred to a third party for such purposes. To manage your preferences related to the collection of Services Data pursuant to such tracking, please see Section 8, “What Are Your Choices”.
6. How Do We Disclose Your Information?
We may share Services Data with our affiliates, service providers, clients, related companies, and advertisers. We may also disclose your Services Data in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request; when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or to anyone that could be harmed by such activities; in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person; where it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity or suspected fraud; or as otherwise required by law. We may transfer Services Data to another company, if we are acquired by, sold to or merged with such company.
We continue to expand our online presence in order to offer users rich and deep interactive experiences. We may share information we collect about you so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
We may share aggregated or anonymized Services Data, with third parties.
Much of the information we collect is in the form of aggregated statistics, such as the traffic generated by visits on websites/applications and the habits and preferences of our audience. Such aggregated data does not include any information that would identify you personally. We may use such aggregated data and disclose it to third parties as we see fit.
7. How Do We Work with Third Parties?
Further, these third parties may offer you a way to choose not to have your information used for interest-based advertising purposes. To manage your preference for interest-based advertising provided by third parties, please see Section 8, “What Are Your Choices?” for more information.
8. What Are Your Choices?
HYFN adheres to the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Through the use of technologies such as cookies, HYFN may collect information such as your browser type, your operating system, web pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, and other click stream data. HYFN may use such collected information to serve you ads that are tailored and relevant to you. Such practice is known as behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising. You may learn more about interest-based advertising at http://www.aboutads.info.
If you desire to not receive interest-based advertisements displayed by HYFN on your browser, you may opt out by doing any of the following:
Cookies. You may set your browser to block all or certain cookies or require your consent before accepting a cookie. Blocking our cookies will affect your online experience and may prevent you from experiencing certain features of our Properties.
Mobile Device. On your mobile device, you may use the: Limit Ad Tracking setting on your IOS device; or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” setting on your Android device.
To manage your preferences:
- for third parties providing interest-based advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/;
- to limit the collection of cross-app data for interest-based ads from participating companies, for more information, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance page at: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices; and
- to limit the collection of location data, go to “settings” on your mobile device.
We respect your privacy and your ability to choose what communications you receive from us. Please note that if you choose to opt out of interest-based advertising, you may still see advertisements. However, such advertisements will not be based on your online behavior.
Tips Re: Opt Out
- If your browser blocks third-party cookies, opting out may not be effective.
- You must opt out on each browser/device for opt out to be effective for a specific browser/device.
- When you opt out, a cookie is placed on your browser or device. Each time you delete cookies, you will have to opt out again.
Do Not Track
We support the Do Not Track browser setting. When you have Do Not Track enabled in your browser, we will not collect browser-related information about you. For more information regarding Do Not Track, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us. We encourage users who are interested in limiting the information we collect, to search online for tools and services (e.g., NAI’s consumer opt-out gateway or the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on) to prevent or opt out of collection.
9. How Do We Secure and How Long Do We Retain the Services Data?
We take reasonable security precautions to secure your information against loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access of such information. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions unlawfully. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information.
The Services Data collected is retained by us for up to 5 years from the date of collection and deleted within such time period if it is no longer needed for our business purposes.
10. Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or store information about children under the age of 13. In those instances in which we have actual knowledge that: we are collecting geo-location information from children or any personal information; or are applying a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a child under the age of 13; and the foregoing is accomplished on a website or application used to offer a service directed toward children, we will comply with applicable laws.
12. Contact Information